The CRESC Annual Conference looks excellent this year:
Weds September 5 - Friday September 7, 2012, Manchester University
- Barbara Adam (Social Sciences, Cardiff University)
- Robert Boyer (ENS, Paris)
- Aditya Chakrabortty (The Guardian)
- Will Hutton (Hertford College, Oxford University)
- Paul Mason (BBC Newsnight)
- Elizabeth A. Povinelli (Anthropology, Columbia University)
Promises: Crises and Socio-Cultural Change
In the midst of global financial crisis and radical transformations in states, institutions and social relations, it has become urgent to explore the role promises play in effecting socio-cultural change. As particular plans, projects, policies, initiatives, dreams and visions, promises both open and close the possibility of different kinds of socio-cultural futures (and pasts). What promises are contained in the current political and socio-cultural moment?
Hopefully see you there!